Monday, November 12, 2007

Tough

Sometimes, things are just tough. Like that overcooked steak. Maybe you should've taken off the grill a little earlier, but you thought you had it. Next thing you know ... burned.

In other news, two days running, it's a start. Hopefully, these goals are their own reward. But I totally get the reward yourself idea. I've just never been able to implement it. It's like, I'm my own worst boss. I think I can handle having a boss, or being a boss; I just can't handle being my own boss. I'll have to work on the reward thing. Maybe I need my own "All-Star Goals" like in elementary school, but I never quite figured out that either, not then, not now. On the other hand, maybe self-improvement is self-destruction. Who knows? We'll keep at it anyway --- I'm bound to manage a month --- and maybe even run while the temperature remains moderate. I've been contemplating the 1/2 marathon ... that seems possible ... the full marathon just seems crazy to me. No offense to those runners, it's just not me right now. The Ironman appeals to me - as an idea - but not the training, nor the swimming.

Hopefully, I'll get to the library soon and have to fine reading material. Maybe that'll give me some more stuff to think about. Slow news today.

No comments: