Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fine - thoughtless

I had it. It was right there. My thoughts on the day. Something I had heard - maybe about Norman Mailer? I've never read any his books but people clearly think he's all that. Some even saying the essays may be better than the books. But I was thinking about something else ... something about ... maybe the entitlement generation and how all the old people need to coddle us. That's supposing that I'm included in that, but I really feel more in between. What generation am I? Gen X? Or Y? The millenniums? Who knows - that's just for stereotyping and grouping so that our brains can manage all the information. Categorizing is what comes naturally.

I also listen to This American Life about Harold Washington. Seriously, were people that racist only 25 years ago? Now, I know Chicago is an especially tense place - but I can't imagine some of the things in that story taking place around me. Glad things have reasonably improved.

I'm practically boring myself with this ... I'll have to keep better track of what's interesting throughout the day.

No comments: