Sunday, November 11, 2007

Staying with it

Ok - first of all, we watched Blood Diamond last night. Entertaining for certain, but made me remember that most Americans (and America as a nation) do not care about Africa. This was further reinforced by an article in the Tribune today, Even with the Best Intentions, that basically said that it's too hard - and even those who would want to help, usually are not very successful.

Second - personal goals are so tough. Easy to make, hard to follow through with. Anyone have any good suggestions? I tried toning down the goals, make them doable, but it's still very difficult. This is throwing it out there, but this week the goals are:
1. Write everyday in the blog - it's supposed to be healthy
2. Do 25 pushups - some exercise is better than none

Those I might do. Harder ones I'm still thinking about
Less than 2 hours TV/videogames (shouldn't be that tough - except on a dreary Sunday)
Run everyday (more than 1 mile)
Read for fun for more than 20 minutes (would be easy - but I've got to get to the library)

Anyway, that's the idea. My will power can only get me so far. So, keep it simple stupid.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

For me to achieve goals I have to give myself some reward. If I do whatever I want to for some give period of time I get a present. Obviously what motivates me probably won't motivate you :)

By the way, Hi Dan!