Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Rock and a hard place

Well, there we have it. The quintessential rock and a hard place: damned if you do, damned if you don't. And things were going so well (yeah, ... right). Why do past decisions hold such a grip over us? Why do we compare ourselves with others? It must be psychologically ingrained.

There was a time for ending ... but that time was largely past. Now, we're stuck in a waiting game. Everyone is waiting for this stage to end and the next to begin. In the meantime, misery seems to be the only path. It's like some type of punishment for a crime. Only, I can't determine what the crime was or why I can't just leave this punishment behind me. There's the voice whispering in my ear, "Don't give up, it's only a little longer. You'll hate yourself if you stop now." But I don't know how much more of that I can take, I've been hearing that for a long, long while now. Nothing has changed. I feel no closer to the end nor more able to walk away. I feel trapped.

No comments: