Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Social Networking - keeping in touch

So, the soiree has started. I can see how quickly it could become an obsession. I check it incessantly for no reason. My social esteem cannot be tied up into that a number of friends, coworkers, etc. That's ridiculous. It hardly serves a communication. Instead, making me feel as though I"m keeping in better touch with folks. My apologies, but I'm probably not. Maybe this one sided conversation will serve me better.

Half the terms of the site I don't understand. And are people paying to send other people virtual gifts? I'm sorry, but a virtual martini is not a real martini. I can't taste it, can't smell it, can't hold it, and it doesn't give me that warm I think more clearly now feeling. And so, are people purchasing, with hard-earned (or grows on trees) US dollars, these virtual icon gifts? If so, can you tell me why? I'm utterly confounded.

No comments: